3+3 UB Law
University at Buffalo School of law and Medaille College recognize that certain students have the capacity and readiness to complete their undergraduate education and their law degree training in less than the normally required seven years of study. University at Buffalo School of Law and Medaille College desire to encourage and educationally stimulate these students by providing an opportunity for them to accelerate their course of study by completing both their undergraduate degree and their Juris Doctor degree in approximately six years of full-time study.
Medaille College and University at Buffalo School of law shall offer the opportunity for a selected number of Medaille College students to earn a Bachelor of Arts/Science degree and a Juris Doctor degree over the course of approximately 6 years of full-time study.
Application & Admission Process
Medaille College students interested in the 3+3 Program should consult with the Medaille College Director of Academic Advisement or designee during their freshmen or sophomore year to discuss and plan for the application process.
During the fall semester of the academic year that students plan to apply to the 3+3 Program, they should consult with their academic advisor(s) to ensure that all Medaille College Core Curriculum, major, and minor requirements will be met by the end of the applicant’s junior year or to arrange for an agreement in writing with those departments or programs to accept courses taken at university at Buffalo School of Law as satisfying major(s) or minor requirements.
To be eligible for consideration for admission to University at Buffalo School of Law, students must take the LSAT no later than February of their junior year and must apply to University at Buffalo School of Law no later than February 1 of their junior year of undergraduate studies. Consideration for admission to the Law School requires the following:
- A cumulative GPA at Medaille College of 3.50 or above;
- An LSAT score at or above the median LSAT for the Law School’s previous year’s enrolled class; and
- Two academic letters of recommendation from members of Medaille College faculty.
Following the receipt by University at Buffalo School of Law of all required admission materials (due prior to February 1), the Law School will review and arrive at an admission decision. The Admissions Committee of University at Buffalo School of Law reserves the right to conduct an in-person interview of the applicant prior to arriving at the admission decision.
Degree earned: B.S./B.A.
Total number of credits: varies by program
Certificate/licenses titles and types: B.S. Biology, B.S. Business Administration, B.S. Communication, B.S. Criminal Justice, B.A. English, B.A. International Studies, B.S. Liberal Studies, B.A. Psychology
Medaille College Requirements
The 3+3 program shall be open to all Medaille College students who, by the completion of their third year of enrollment at Medaille College, have:
- Completed a minimum of 90 credits at Medaille College through residency, Advanced Placement, or transfer credits, including:
- Completed all Medaille College Core Curriculum requirements; and
- Completed all course requirements of the department(s) or program(s) in which the student is majoring and minoring or who have an agreement in writing with those departments or programs to accept courses taken at University at Buffalo School of Law as satisfying major(s) or minor requirements.